Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Zen of Jersey Shore

My favorite show is "Jersey Shore." Although you may believe that I should be embarrassed to admit that I watch a show that is complete nonsense, I am not embarrassed at all. It is actually a form of spiritual enrichment. I spend all day long as a business owner (which includes social media guru, sales, roasting, brewing, marketing, visionary, etc.), father, husband, and many other full-time roles. "Jersey Shore" creates a feeling of Zen in my life. Zen means "absorption" or "meditative." The "Jersey Shore" creates a complete meditative state that is similar to a sorbet between meals. This completely stupid show creates peace and allows me to be more mindful because it wipes the intellectual slate clean. Inane shows bring clarity to my life and some of the best ideas came to me while watching "Jersey Shore." In fact, I believe if this show aired throughout the Middle East, North Korea, and many other troubled areas in the world, there would be great peace. If you watch "Jersey Shore" season after season, you realize that whatever is happening in your life, it could be worse. You could be on "Jersey Shore."

For your information, I am always looking for a new show that creates this Zen in my life. The last great show that brought great peace to my life: "Flavor Flav, Flavor of Love..."

2 comments:

Joe said...

I can understand where you are coming from by utilizing this show as a form of Zen, but the complete and utter chaos that is constantly on-screen puts me in a place of anxiety and disarray. TV-Zen outlet is Dexter! No matter what kind of stress I have in my life, at the end of each episode, I can always say, "at least I'm not a serial killer."

Frank said...

That's hilarious. However, Dexter is way too serious and intelligent for the mindful life. Great show.