Monday, September 1, 2008

Mexico Chiapas Fair Trade Organic

I have just cupped and roasted my first batch of Mexico Chiapas. When I enter a cafe that roasts their own coffee, I order the Mexico Chiapas, if available. For me, this is an easy test to determine whether their coffee is fresh and the artistry, or lack thereof, in roasting. In my preliminary roasts of this coffee, I taste an extremely smooth and full-bodied coffee with some berry aromatics and nutty and chocolately notes.
Chiapas is the southernmost state of Mexico, near Guatemala. It contains only 3% of Mexico's population. Chiapas is an economically underdeveloped state. For these reasons, I am happy to carry this Fair Trade coffee so that the coffee farmers can receive a decent price for their green coffee beans.


View Larger Map

No comments: